Rowlett and Rockwall Dog Training Classes - Karen Pryor Academy Certified Graduates
Animal Hospital of Rowlett has teamed up with a couple of amazing dog trainers that can help your pet become a responsible member of the family. Both are graduates of the Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training & Behavior which means they have completed an extensive educational program, and scored the highest marks on a detailed assessment of technical knowledge and hands-on skills teaching pet owners and training dogs! They have demonstrated excellent technical knowledge and hands-on skills in positive teaching and training. A KPA CTP is a trainer you and your pets can count on.
So,if you have an unruly dog that you’d like to get under control, or even if you’d just like a quick brush-up on some puppy skills or socialization manners, you might think about signing up for our in-kennel training classes while they are boarding in our Rowlett pet hotel.
We offer In-kennel packages, private/semi-private lessons, puppy classes, and one-on one individualized training that fits your busy schedule.
Call now to help your pet become a responsible member of the family - 972-412-0101
Valerie FryCanine Solutions Dallas - Valerie Fry
- $25 per individual daily session in addition to boarding cost (1 twenty minute session)
- $480 per week includes boarding in a cage/run (5 one-hour sessions)
- $1760 per month includes boarding in a cage/run (20 one-hour sessions) *luxury suite extra
In kennel training will mainly take place Monday-Friday with sessions lasting an hour total per day. Examples of session sets could be 30 minutes twice daily, or 15 minutes four times daily. The training will mainly focus on the areas of obedience and behavior modification. Mental stimulation is also part of daily training sessions, where pets learn to work treat puzzles and play games to "tire" them out and build mental stamina.
- $375/person for a block of 5 private lessons
- $350/person for a block of 5 semi-private lessons
Expire 3 months from first session
Private lesson blocks will mainly be done at your home and will be on days of your choosing, schedules permitting. The training can be anything you would like to your dog to learn. Semi-Private lessons are also available if you have a friend or neighbor who wants to join at a reduced rate.
- $100 for 4 Saturday sessions
- $150 for 6 Saturday sessions
Puppy classes will be offered in our clinic lobby on Saturdays from 10am-11:00am. The training will consist of learning how to communicate with your puppy, early obedience, and behavior imprinting. Some topics covered in puppy classes are as follows:
- puppy calming massages for early puppyhood bonding
- potty training strategies for the stay at home and working parent
- the importance of simulated nail trims, ear cleanings and tooth brushing in the early months to make life less stressful for teen and adult years
- importance of a controlled feeding routine and nutrition
- education on use and benefits of various tools to make life as a puppy parent easier (crate, x-pen, gentle leader, tie downs, obstructed bowls, appropriate toys, etc.